Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

super easy green chile puff



The other day when I found cottage cheese on sale I could not pass it up. It was dated that day and needed to be used.  I did not want to make my standard recipes for cottage cheese so I got on all recipes.  I love the site because I can put in whatever ingredient I want to use and it gives me a whole list of recipes.  I found a recipe that is a keeper


Green chile puff

5 eggs beaten
2 cups cottage cheese (16 oz container)
1 cup jack cheese
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup melted butter
1  can diced green chile (4 oz)


Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 9x9 square baking pan. 
bake at 350 for about 40 minutes until set and no longer wet in the middle  Serves 6

I did make one change. The original recipe called for 1 cup cottage cheese and 2 cups jack cheese, but I switched the two. I wanted to use the entire container of cottage cheese and only had about a cup of jack cheese on hand.  The results were yummy.

While it was baking I whipped up a batch of biscuts and some fruit salad to accompany it.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. Great that you linked in, thanks. have a good one

    ReplyDelete