Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

make your own playdough




I grew up with homemade playdough/Salt dough. I have found a new recipe made with kool-aide powder. It is smoother than my mom's recipe and smells good too.  It is really simple to make




Kool aide play dough
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 teaspoons cream of tarter
1 envelope kool-aide unsweetened drink mix
1 cup water
1 1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil

mix dry ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
Stir in oil and water
cook on a medium high heat for a few minutes until the dough forms a ball. 
remove to a floured surface and knead for a few minutes until smooth and cool enough for the kids to handle. 
store in a zip top bag



here is the dough as it formed in the pan it comes together quickly

1 comment:

  1. I love Kool-Aide Playdoh...I never like homemade playdoh until I found the kool-aide recipe. Mine is slightly different than yours but it is similar and it makes the best playdoh ever!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete