Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Simple things

 There has been so much on my mind lately. Most of it has been about my skills as a parent and Homemaker. Somedays I feel like I am not doing enough, I am not perfect enough. I don't feel that I have the skills within me.  I get tired of the same things over and over again. I have grown weary of being a parent.  As I glanced upon the refrigerator today I saw a pair of magnets that I created over a year ago.  Daily Fundamentals, a reminder that the things we do everyday do make a difference. The choices we make affect not only us, but those around us. THOSE  LITTLE THINGS MEAN ALOT.




This morning we were getting ready for church in a crazy rush (as it always is with three little ones), I made a choice that affected everyones attitude but mostly mine. I had just finished fixing my 4 year old daugher's hair.  She twirled around in her dress and she said to me "Dance with me momma"  My first frazzled instinct was to say "No, I don't have time, we are going to be late for church"  Oh yes, I worry about being late to church and it really frazzles me on a Sunday morning, but I put that aside.  I stopped and picked her up and we danced around the bathroom in a moment of bliss.  Instantly my emotions turned around. I no longer felt hurried and stressed. It was such a simple thing It took like15 seconds of my time to dance with my daughter.  She smiled and went on her way. Then as fast as it had appeared,the magic of the moment was gone.  We were then able to finish getting ready and off to church with alot less stress and fighting etc.  I felt happier, the children felt more at ease and we all went to church in a happier and more responsive mood. It really was like magic.  

I almost missed that moment with my daughter. I am guilty of missing alot of moments, but I am so glad that I am able to plug in with my family and be there with them and make memories like this.  I am getting rid of the clutter in my life and mind. I am clearing out room and making a place for these moments. My life has been a cluttered mess a list of things to be done, with no real reason behind them other than I am mommy this is my job.  I have been going along taking care of the basic needs (feed and clothe my family),  I had been going around in robot mode. "clean the kitchen, feed the kids, feed the dog, make the beds, clean the bathroom, vaccuumn the floors" and the list goes on and on.  I have emerged from survival mode and moved on to a good life. Plugging into my family has been the greatest joy for me in the last few weeks.  It makes it so that I am better able to withstand the little troubles and trials that come my way. 

My challenge for you today: Take a few moments to make a difference!  It can be as simple as a friendly smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment