Search This Blog

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Finding joy in SPRING CLEANING

I did some spring cleaning today Yahoo!  Thank you Crystal Paine of  moneysavingmom.com
I love to read her blog.  I got started reading her blog while couponing and soon found out her blog is about so much more.  She blogs about coupon deals, as well as frugal recipes. She blogs about homeschooling, budgeting and a bunch of other stuff.  She has inspired me with her posts about her own weekly goals.  Her newest series 4 weeks to a more organized home has really made me want to step it up and get things done. She recently has written a series of posts 21 days to a more disicplined life that became so popular she published it as a book.  I realize that my home is not perfect as seen in these pictures of our flower beds out front (complete with dandilions),
 but our home is full of love.  When the kids made a huge water mess in the kitchen while trying to help me wash the grime and handprints from all the doors and walls, I wanted to be upset, but chose to say thank you for helping me today!  I want them to have good values and work ethic even when the world around us may not believe in traditional values.  I know that it is important for me and my family!  I am reminded of  Hymn #256 in the Latter day saint Hymn book.  From the second verse "The truth and values we embrace are mocked on every hand. yet as we listen and obey We know we can withstand the evils that would weaken us, the sin that would destroy. With faith, we hold the iron rod and find in this our joy."  I am finding joy in watching my children grow. I am finding that through Jesus Christ's teachings, I can have joy in an world that would not have such.  I am thankful for parents that have taught me and hope that I can live up to to that in my own life.  Thanks mom and dad

No comments:

Post a Comment